- Agricultural Pollutant Loads & Sources
- Other Pollutant Loads & Sources
- Marine Risk Assessment
- Fish Barriers
- Current Trends
Most of the Fitzroy Region’s heavy industrial activity is found at the Port of Gladstone. This includes:
- Queensland Curtis Island Liquefied Natural Gas project: three processing plants on Curtis Island
- Queensland Alumina Ltd: one of the world’s largest alumina refineries
- Rio Tinto Alcan Yarwun: another alumina refinery, opened in 2004
- Boyne Smelters Ltd (BSL): the largest aluminium smelter in Australia
- Cement Australia Gladstone: the largest cement plant in Australia
- Orica Australia – industrial plants that manufacture chlor-alkali, ammonium nitrate and sodium cyanide
- NRG Gladstone Power Station – Queensland’s largest coal-fired power station.
Regulated emissions from industrial sources are reported in the National Pollutants Inventory.
Click on the thumbnails below for a larger image.