The original purpose of the Partnership’s reporting was to provide a more complete picture of aquatic ecosystem health for all rivers, natural waterways across the Fitzroy Basin and the estuary flowing into the southern Great Barrier Reef. We often refer to aquatic ecosystem health in our communications as ‘waterway health’.
In its tenth year, Fitzroy Partnership now offers a range of waterway reporting products. These include:
- Ecosystem Health Index Report Cards (River Health report cards)
- Drinking Water Report Cards for Rockhampton and Central Highlands Regional Councils
- Agricultural Use Report Cards
- Community waterway monitoring via MyWater Portal and Citizen Science in Action programs
- Long-term Fitzroy Estuary reporting
- Long-term ecosystem health trends